Good News: A Weekly Update from St Thomas Church—October 9, 2014
Walking the Way Go therefore into the main streets, and invite everyone you find to the wedding banquet.
"We are a people of hospitality, generosity and welcome. The greatest gift we can offer others is a place at a table that has been set by the One who loves us infinitely and cares for us eternally. Our calling isn’t just to say good things about Jesus but to live lives that declare to others the transformative presence of God. The wedding banquet is ready... " The Rev Deon K. Johnson
Anyone who has been to a St Thomas coffeehour, covered dish supper or picnic can see that St Thomas Church knows about hospitality and good food. The same can be said of our worship when we gather at the Table of the Lord, all are welcome. The hospitality we share is ours because God has shared so much with us, and continues to bless us in amazing ways. So whether we gather at the table in the parish hall or the table in the church, we do so as a blessed and welcoming community of faith.
Some questions for reflection:
How do you experience the generosity of hospitality at St Thomas?
How do you find joy in being generous?
Do you give from a sense of God’s abundance in your life?
Peace and blessing,
2. No time to shop? Let others shop for you!
- Place your check in the offertory plate, labeled with TT electronics on the subject line.
- Please let Donna Kapples know that you have donated so the committee can make sure the money is properly designated (email@example.com or 908.328.5684 or in person).
- Reminder that electronics are a big attraction for TT attendees!
- We have raised $825 so far and need $500 more to purchase both the iPad and Apple personal computer.